You just need to follow these steps to generate eway bill online.
Step 1: First of all Login to e-way bill Website (ewaybill.nic.in)
Step 2: Enter Your Username, password and Captcha code and then Click on ‘Login’
Step 3: Now Click on ‘Generate new’ under ‘E-waybill’ option.
Step 4: Enter the following details as showing-
1) Transaction Type:
Select ‘Outward’ if you are a supplier of consignment
Select ‘Inward’ if you are a recipient of consignment.
2) Sub-type: Select the relevant sub-type applicable to you:
If transaction type selected is Outward, following subtypes appear:
If transaction type selected is Inward, following subtypes appear:
3) Document type: Select either of Invoice / Bill/ challan/ credit note/ Bill of entry or others if not Listed
4) Document No. : Enter the document/invoice number
5) Document Date: Select the date of Invoice or challan or Document.
Note: The system will not allow the user to enter the future date.
6) From/ To: Depending on whether you are a supplier or a recipient, enter the To / From section details.
7) Item Details: Add the details of the consignment (HSN code-wise) in this section:
- Product name
- HSN Code
- Value/Taxable value
- Tax rates of CGST and SGST or IGST (in %)
- Tax rate of Cess, if any charged (in %)
8) Transporter details: The mode of transport(Road/rail/ship/air) and the approximate distance covered (in KM) needs to be compulsorily mentioned in this part.
Apart from above, Either of the details can be mentioned:
- Transporter name, transporter ID, transporter Doc. No. & Date.
- Vehicle number in which consignment is being transported.
Format: AB12AB1234 or AB12A1234 or AB121234 or ABC1234
Step 6: Now Click on ‘Submit’. The system validates data entered and throws up an error if any.
Otherwise, your request is processed and the e-way bill in Form EWB-01 form with a unique 12 digit number is generated.
The e-way bill generated looks like this:
Print and carry the e-way bill for transporting the goods in the selected mode of transport and the selected conveyance.
Step 7: Print the e-way bill as below:
Click on ‘Print EWB’ sub-option under ‘e-Waybill’ option.
Enter the relevant e-way bill number -12 digit number and click on ‘Go’
Click on ‘Print’ or ‘detailed print’ button on the EWB that appears:
Purpose & Validity of E-Way Bill (Explained) Cancellation of E-Way Bill (Explained) Finer Points of E-Way Bill (Explained) E-Way bill to be issued whether for supply or otherwise Exceptions to E-Way Bill Requirement (Explained) Consequences of Non-Conformance to E-Way Bill Rules The Conclusion of E-Way Bill (Explained) How to Generate E-Way Bill (Explained) Expained E-Way Bill under GST Who should generate the e-way bill and why? GST E-Way Bill Enforcement (Explained) An Introduction to E-Way Bill