First of all I am going to tell you why we have to make a group in tally. Basically group is like a folder for example we have 3 bank account in Punjab Bank and 4 bank account in State Bank. So in this case what we will do, we will make 2 Folder (or you can say 2 Group), first group name will be “Punjab Bank accounts” and second group name will be “State Bank Account”. Both group will be under the head “Bank Accounts”. After entering the data when we will check the report we can get the bank details in 2 folder only. So we start to tell you step by step making of group in tally.
Creating Group in Tally ERP 9
First of all Go to Home Page of Tally “Gateway of Tally” and Go to Account Info in Master Tab.
- Now go to Group Option in Account info Tab.
- Now select the Create option in Single Group Tab.
- Enter the Name of group that you want to make and select “Bank Accounts” Under the group category .
- I am making 2 group with the name of “Punjab National Bank” and “State Bank of India” under the “Bank Accounts”
- Now I am going to make 6 ledger with 3 name of PNB bank and 3 name of SBI Bank also enter some amount as opening balance.( If you don’t know how to create ledger in tally click here to learn.)
- Now to check the report, go to Display-> Account Books -> Group summery -> now select the group name, Bank account Group and press Enter.
- You will see a result as under-
So viewers I hope you understand that how to create group in tally. To learn more about tally keep checking our next article.