Data Storage on external storage device such as external hard disk and pen drive is possible in Tally.ERP 9.
To take a backup of your data on an external storage device,
- Go to Gateway of Tally > F3: Cmp Info > Backup to view the Backup Companies on Disk screen.
- Enter the Source path where the company data is stored. By default, the Tally.ERP 9 folder path is displayed here.
- Enter the path of the external storage device where the data backup has to be stored in the Destination field. For example external hard disk, pen drive.
- Select the required companies from the List of Companies or All Items, as shown below:
- Press Ctrl+A to initiate the backup
The backup file TBK900.001 is stored in the specified folder.