To file GSTR-1 returns follow these instructions as given below:-
1. Log in to the www.gst.gov.in Website.
2. Click Services > Returns > Returns Dashboard.
3. Select the Return Filing Period, and click Search.
4. Click PREPARE OFFLINE.
5. Click Choose File to import the JSON file.
Once your JSON file is uploaded successfully, you will be notified by a message.
6. Verify the uploaded details after the time specified in the GSTR screen.
You have to manually enter the details for Nil Rated Supplies and Documents Issued by referring to the table-wise format of GSTR-1, because these details do not get directly uploaded to the portal.
7. Go to Services > Returns > Returns Dashboard, and click Prepare Online.
8. Go to the 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D – Nil Rated Supplies page, and enter the details.
9. Go to the 13 – Documents Issued page, and enter the details.