Loading company data in Tally.ERP 9 can be done automatically or manually. When creating a company, Tally.ERP 9 creates a sub-directory under its \DATA directory. The data saved here is allotted a number in serial order starting with 0001. These are the system-generated codes for the company.
Loading Companies Manually in Tally ERP 9
To load company data manually
1. Open the Tally.ini file which is located in the Tally folder.
2. Set Default Companies to No, or insert two semi-colons before Load = 00001 (this number may vary).
3. Open Tally.ERP 9.
4. Click Select Company.
5. Select the company to load from the List of Companies.
6. Press Enter to select the company.
Loading Companies Automatically in Tally ERP 9
To load company data on starting Tally.ERP 9
1. Open the Tally.ini file located in the Tally folder.
2. Set Default Companies to Yes.
3. Specify the company to be loaded automatically, for example, Load = 00001. The company is loaded automatically when you open the application.
You can also configure settings in F12:General Configurations to load companies automatically.
Loading Multiple Companies in Tally ERP 9
To load multiple companies data
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F1: Select Company.
2. Select the company to be loaded.
Note: Companies with the same name cannot be loaded at the same time. Close the selected company to load another with the same name.
Using Tally.Server 9
If your business uses Tally.Server 9 to maintain data:
1. Click S: Server Data Loc.
Note: If the administrator has enabled Security Access, users need to provide the authorised Tally.NET credentials in order to access the Server List.
2. The List of Tally.Server Data Locations is displayed. Select the required location. The companies available on the selected Tally.Server is displayed.
3. Select the company to be loaded.
If two or more companies are loaded, click the company which you want to work on. The selected company will be highlighted, and will appear on top of the list.