To use Tally.ERP 9, you need to migrate your data from Tally 7.2 to Tally 9. You need the Tally72migration.exe to migrate the data to Tally.ERP 9.
To migrate the existing data from Tally 7.2 to Tally.ERP 9
1. Double-click Tally72migration.exe.
2. Open Tally Data Migration and Tally.ERP 9 simultaneously in separate screens. A message Ready for Migration appears in the Migration Messages pane.
3. Select Migrate Data.
4. Specify the data path.
5. Select the company from the List of Companies.
If the company selected contains payroll data, the following message is displayed:
6. Press Enter to continue with data migration. A message Continue Migration? Yes or No is displayed.
7. Click Yes to start data migration. The Migration Information screen displays Types of Masters, and Types of Vouchers that need to be migrated from Tally 7.2.
8. Click Yes on the message prompt Migrate? Yes or No to proceed with migration.
During data migration, the calculator pane displays the number of masters and vouchers migrated to Tally.ERP 9. The screen appears as shown below:
Note: As the unused voucher types are removed, there might be a mismatch in voucher type master statistics.
Employee masters are split into employees and employee groups.
On completing migration, a message Migration Completed Check Statistics is displayed.
On pressing any key, a congratulatory message appears as shown:
The migrated company data is stored in the default Tally.ERP 9 folder, and prefixed with a zero. The company folder appears as shown below:
On migrating the same company from Tally 7.2 to Tally.ERP 9, a warning message appears as shown below: