This post has been updated on 3 May 2017 to incorporate latest changes.
Friends In this post, we will understand the registration process for new business registrations.
Liability for Registration in GST
|Rs 10 Lakhs|
|Rest of India||Rs 20 Lakhs|
If you are a regular dealer or a composite tax payer, you need to do the following for GST registration:
- Fill Part-A of Form GST REG-01. Provide your PAN, mobile number, and E-mail ID, and submit the form.
- The PAN is verified on the GST Portal. Mobile number, and E-mail ID are verified with a one-time password (OTP).
- You will receive an application reference number on your mobile and via E-mail.
- Fill Part- B of Form GST REG-01 and specify the application reference number you received. Attach other required documents and submit the form. Following is the list of documents to be uploaded –
- Photographs: Photographs of proprietor, partners, managing trustee, committee etc. and authorized signatory
- Constitution of taxpayer : Partnership deed, registration certificate or other proof of constitution
- Proof of principal / additional place of business :
- For own premises – Any document in support of the ownership of the premises like latest property tax receipt or Municipal Khata copy or copy of electricity bill.
- For rented or leased premises – copy of rent / lease agreement along with owner’s (landlord) documents like latest property tax receipt or Municipal Khata copy or copy of electricity bill.
- Bank account related proof : Scanned copy of the first page of bank pass book or bank statement
- Authorization forms: For each authorized signatory, upload authorization copy or a copy of resolution of managing committee or board of directors in the prescribed format.
- If additional information is required, Form GST REG-03 will be issued to you. You need to respond in Form GST REG-04 with required information within 7 working days from the date of receipt of Form GST REG-03.
- If you have provided all required information via Form GST REG-01 or Form GST REG-04, a certificate of registration in Form GST REG-06 will be issued within 3 days from date of receipt of Form GST REG-01 or Form GST REG-04.
- If the details submitted are not satisfactory, the registration application is rejected using Form GST REG-05.
GST Registration Forms for Other Stakeholders
|Form No.||Form Type|
|Form GST REG-07||Application for Registration as Tax Deductor or Tax Collector at Source|
|Form GST REG-08||Order of Cancellation of Application for Registration as Tax Deductor or Tax Collector at Source|
|Form GST REG-09|
|Form GST REG-09A||Application for registration for a person supplying online information and data base access or retrieval services from a place outside India to a non-taxable online recipient|
|Form GST REG-10||Application for
|Form GST REG-12||Application for allotment of Unique ID to UN organizations or Multilateral Financial Institution or any other class of person as notified by the commissioner|