Cost centre command is very important in Tally ERP 9. It has long process to understand, so read the full article till end, as I have describe cost centre step by step.
What is Cost Centre in Tally
Example: Suppose we sales Nokia company products and Samsung Company products. And there are lots of products of both companies. so we need a specific report that how many product are left for Nokia and separately of Samsung. an example chart is given as under-
- First of all we have to activate the cost centre, so press “F11” button for setting in Features option.
- Now Go to “Accounting Features”
- Now go to Cost/Profit Centres Management Tab and Do “Yes” in Maintain Cost Centres.
- After saving the above setting, Go to Gateway of Tally, and go to “Accounts info” option
- Now go to “Cost Centres” option
- Select “Create” button for in Single cost Centre tab.
- Here we will create 2 Cost Centre name. For example – Nokia, Samsung.
- Now fill the Name : Nokia
- Under : Primary
- And save the cost centre
- Again Give 2nd Name : Samsung
- Under: Primary
- Save the cost centre
- Now your cost centres has been made, you can check the result as below-
- Go to Display-> Statement of Accounts->Cost Centres->Cost Centre Breakup->Now you will see the result as under.
After entering the voucher entries you will get the stock details for above company data. In our next article your will learn how to make entries in cost centre.