You need to add Tally.ERP 9 program files to the exception list of Windows 7 firewall to allow Tally.ERP 9 to send information to or from your computer through the Windows Firewall.
To add Tally.ERP 9 files to the exception list of Windows 7 firewall
1. Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall.
2. Click Advanced settings. The Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer screen is displayed.
3. Click Inbound Rules.
4. Click New Rule (right-hand side) under Actions of Inbound Rules. The Rule Type screen appears.
- Select Program and click Next. The New Inbound Rule Wizard screen appears as shown below:
- Select This program path.
- Click Browse to search for the program files in your local system.
- Click Next. The Action screen is displayed to specify action for the rule.
- Select Allow the connection.
- Click Next. The Profile screen is displayed to specify the profile for which this rule applies.
- Select the required options.
- Click Next. The Name screen is displayed to specify the name and description of the rule.
- Enter the Name for the rule and specify the description under Description (optional), if required. The New Inbound Rule Wizard screen appears as shown below:
5. Click Finish. The Inbound Rules list displays the new rule created, as shown below:
Note: Similarly, add the Tally.ERP 9 program file for the outbound rules by selecting Outbound Rules in the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security screen.